Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
Key Feature of the Cygnus Underwater Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
- Multiple-Echo mode for accurate, through-coat measurements as specified by Classification Societies
- Deep Coat mode ignores coatings up to 20 mm (0.8 inch) thick (upon request)
- Heavy duty sealed unit with double ‘O’ ring protection
- Rugged, durable, shock-proof construction
- Easy & stable calibration – no zero adjustment
- Echo strength indicator to aid measurement
- Two rechargeable battery packs with charger
- Auto-Probe Recognition (APR).
- Topside Repeater options: Option A – Palm-held Topside Repeater (TSR) or; Option B – CygLink software (Windows based) for data logging and remote display.
Cygnus-Pioneered Multiple Echo Technique
- Measures remaining metal thickness on corroded and coated structures
- All measurements are error checked using 3 return echoes to give repeatable, reliable results
- Accepted by all major classification societies
- Greatly reduces inspection time and costs
- Echo strength indicator to aid measurement.
|Materials||Velocities between 2,000 and 7,000 m/s (0.0800 to 0.2780 in/us) – covers virtually all common engineering materials|
|Measurement Range in Steel||1 – 250 mm (0.040 – 10 inch) depending on selected probe and configuration, material and temperature|
|Accuracy||±0.1 mm or 0.1% of thickness measurement, whichever is greatest, when calibrated in accordance with Cygnus Instruments calibration procedure|
|Resolution||0.1 or 0.05 mm (selectable) (0.005 or 0.002 inch)|
|Probe Options||Single crystal probes|
|Power||2 x rechargeable NiMH battery packs|
|Battery Life||2 x 20 hours continuous measuring (with fully charged battery packs)|
|Display||Large, bright LED display|
|Size||238 x 85 mm (9.4 x 3.4 inch) (inc. battery pack and probe head)|
|Weight||977 g (35 oz) (inc. batteries)|
|Operating Temp.||-10°C to +50°C (14°F to 122°F)|
|Environmental Protection||IP68 continuous 300 m (984 ft) rating|
|Standards||Designed for EN 15317|
|Compliance||CE, UKCA, RoHS|
- Cygnus Underwater gauge body
- Lanyard and molykote and tommy bar
- Two rechargeable NiMH battery backs
- Battery charger and leads
- Probe for Cygnus Underwater , supplied as nosecone assembly with 1 m cable
- Membrane couplant
- Accessories: spare O-rings; spare membranes; membrane locking ring key; 15 mm test block; torque (“Tommy”) bar; calibration jumper lead.
Cygnus Underwater Gauge Standard Kit with 2.25MHz 13mm Standard Probe, Cygnus Underwater Gauge Standard Kit WITHOUT PROBE
To compliment our ultrasonic thickness gauges we offer a range of ultrasonic probes. The performance of any ultrasonic thickness gauge relies heavily on the probe and its suitability to the material being measured. Therefore, selecting the right probe is vital. All Cygnus SINGLE CRYSTAL probes are made from stainless steel and include replaceable membranes for long life, requiring no zeroing and have a high linear accuracy.