Ultrasonic thickness gauges have many uses within industry in general, some typical applications include:
- Boiler tube inspection
- Component identification
- Condition monitoring
- Measuring thickness of large geometrically complex machined parts
- Measuring thickness with access from only one side
- Pipe wall thickness inspection
- Plant maintenance work
- Safety inspections.
Cygnus provides NDT thickness measurement equipment well suited for these kinds of inspections and surveys. The gauges will read through paint and coatings and our Multiple Echo technique ensures reliable thickness measurements every time.
Our ‘Deep Coat’ mode offers the ability to measure metal thickness through coatings up to 20 mm thick.
All our thickness gauges are very simple to operate meaning very little training is required to use them with confidence.
- The Cygnus 2+ Hands Free is ideal for rope access or belt mounted work with its end-on display
- The Cygnus 4 General Purpose is a good all-round general purpose thickness gauge with a backlit LCD display.
Cygnus 2+ Hands Free
A simple yet versatile thickness gauge designed for hands free operation, with its end-mounted display and three meas...More Info
Cygnus 4+ General Purpose
A versatile thickness gauge used for a wide range of applications, the Cygnus 4+ offers: live A-scan display; sequent...More Info
Cygnus 4 General Purpose
This compact gauge is tough and truly simple to use with its intuitive menu and accurately measures metal thickness w...More Info