Cygnus DIVE Underwater Gauge
Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
Key Features of the Cygnus DIVE Underwater UTG
- Multiple-Echo mode for accurate, through-coat measurements as specified by Classification Societies
- Single-Echo and Echo-Echo modes for heavily corroded metals with a thin or no coating
- Deep-Coat function to ignore coatings up to 20 mm (0.8 inch) thick
- A-scan display to assist with measurement verification
- Optional Data Logging feature with AutoLog – storing up to 5,000 measurements including A-scan data without pressing any button
- MSI™ (Measurement Stability Indicator) verifies stable, reliable readings
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery giving up to 10 hours continuous measurement
- Optional remote display HelmetView™, Topside Repeater and CygLink surface display software.
Three Versatile Measuring Modes
- Multiple-Echo mode uses three error checked back wall echoes to provide the most reliable and accurate remaining thickness measurements, with no need to remove coatings (up to 20 mm thick (0.8 inch))
- Single-Echo mode is ideal for measuring uncoated metals with heavy front and/or back-wall corrosion. Also effective on a range of cast metals, plastics and composites
- Echo-Echo mode works best for measuring heavily corroded metals through thin coatings of up to 1 mm (0.04 inch) thick, ideal for measuring painted metals with heavy back wall corrosion.
Measurement Stability Indicator (MSI™)
Exclusive to Cygnus, MSI™ ensures stable and therefore reliable measurements are displayed in Echo‑Echo and Single-Echo modes.
CygLink Computer Software
CygLink is a Windows® based application used to transfer and manage data logger records, A-scans, measurement comments and material velocity tables. The program can generate PDF reports and export to Excel. It also displays A‑scans, allowing for after-the-event analysis of logged measurements.
The latest version of CygLink software is available to download from ‘Software Downloads’.
|Display||2.8” quarter VGA colour LCD (320 x 240 pixels). Large clear thickness measurement (15 mm high numbers), viewable from all angles.
A-scan display with automatic X axis. Battery level, signal strength, probe type, velocity. Measurement mode and units indication.
|Battery||Single 3.6V Li-ion 8.2 W battery. 10 hours continuous measurement
Low battery warning ‘alert’ message
|Measuring Modes||Multiple-Echo using 3 echoes to ignore coatings up to 20 mm (0.8 inch) thick.
Echo-Echo using 2 echoes to ignore coatings up 1 mm (0.04 inch) thick.
Single-Echo using 1 echo
|Deep Coat||In Multiple-Echo mode, allows measurement to be made through thicker coatings of suitable materials of up to 20 mm (0.8 inch) thick|
|Accuracy||±0.1 mm or 0.1% of thickness measurement, whichever is greatest, when calibrated in accordance with Cygnus Instruments calibration procedure|
|Probe Options||Single crystal probes and Twin crystal probes|
|Probe Cables||Double outer jacket in tough PU. Coloured yellow for easy locations underwater
Coiled for ease of use. Fischer S105 series connectors
|Measurement Range in Steel||1 – 250 mm (0.039 – 10 inch) depending on selected probe and configuration, material and temperature|
|Measurement Resolution||Multiple-Echo with single crystal probes – 0.1 or 0.05 mm
Single-Echo and Echo-Echo with twin crystal probes – 0.1 or 0.01 mm
|Measurement Units||mm or inches|
|Probe Zero||Fully automatic probe zeroing for all probes types|
|V-Path Correction||Automatic V-Path correction for all twin crystal probes|
|Velocity Range||2,000 to 9,000 m/s in 1 m/s steps|
|Pulser||Twin channel 70 V spike pulser|
|Receiver / Amplifier||
10 MHz bandwidth, 120 dB range, automatic TCG
60 MHz measurement time-base
|Data Logging (Optional)||
One-handed automatic logging of stable measurements. Capacity for up to 5,000 points including 640 point A-Scan data.
|Data Output||RS-485 single pair, half duplex for surface connection|
|Standards||Designed for EN 15317|
|Compliance||CE, UKCA, RoHS|
|Warranty||3 years on gauge and 6 months on probe|
- Cygnus DIVE Gauge Body and Wrist Strap
- Ultrasonic Probe(s) with Coiled Cable
- Two Rechargeable Batteries
- Membrane Couplant, 25 ml bottle
- Battery Charger and Charger Base
- AC Mains Lead for Battery Charger
- Ultrasonic Couplant Gel (Blue), 100 ml bottle
- Test Block 15 mm (or ½ inch) thick in Mil Steel
- Spare Probe Membranes
- Membrane Key
- Silicone Grease, 50g tube
- USB Flash Drive with Documentation
- Calibration Certificate
- Operating Manual.
Cygnus DIVE Gauge Standard Kit with S2C 2.25MHz 13mm Standard Probe, Cygnus DIVE Gauge Standard Kit WITHOUT PROBE, Cygnus DIVE Data Logging Gauge Kit with S2C 2.25MHz 13mm Standard Probe, Cygnus DIVE Data Logging Gauge Kit WITHOUT PROBE
To compliment our ultrasonic thickness gauges we offer a range of ultrasonic probes. The performance of any ultrasonic thickness gauge relies heavily on the probe and its suitability to the material being measured. Therefore, selecting the right probe is vital. All Cygnus’ probes are made from stainless steel and have a hard wear face or a wear membrane to protect the probe.
Variety of Cygnus INOX Probes
- Stainless steel SINGLE CRYSTAL probes, used in multiple-echo mode, include replaceable membranes for long life, require no zeroing and have a high linear accuracy.
- Stainless steel TWIN CRYSTAL probes, used in echo-echo and single-echo modes, have improved measurability on extreme back wall corrosion and pitting.
Single Crystal Probes
Twin Crystal Probes