Cygnus DIVE Underwater Gauge
Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
The Cygnus DIVE is a robust, wrist-mountable ultrasonic underwater thickness gauge – providing an invaluable free hand while performing Ultrasonic Thickness Measurement (UTM) underwater. The large, bright display with Live A-scan is easily viewable by both the diver and his camera – even in the poorest visibility. With only two buttons to press, the gauge is very easy to navigate through an intuitive, user-friendly menu. Ideal for hull UTM inspections, civil engineering, marine structures, offshore platforms, underwater structures, subsea pipelines and equipment, UWILD or IWS class surveys.
- Multiple-Echo mode for accurate, through-coat measurements as specified by Classification Societies
- Single-Echo and Echo-Echo modes for heavily corroded metals with a thin or no coating
- Deep-Coat function to ignore coatings up to 20mm thick
- A-scan display to assist with measurement verification
- Optional Data Logging feature with Auto-Log – storing up to 5000 measurements including A-scan data without pressing any button
- MSI™ (Measurement Stability Indicator) verifies stable, reliable readings
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery giving up to 10 hours continuous measurement
- Optional remote display HelmetView™, Topside Repeater and CygLink surface display software.
|Display||2.8” quarter VGA colour LCD (320 x 240 pixels). Large clear thickness measurement (15 mm high numbers), viewable from all angles.
A-scan display with automatic X axis. Battery level, signal strength, probe type, velocity. Measurement mode and units indication.
|Battery||Single 3.6V Li-ion 8.2 W battery. 10 hours continuous measurement
Low battery warning ‘alert’ message
|Measuring Modes||Multiple-Echo using 3 echoes to ignore coatings up to 20 mm (0.8 inch) thick.
Echo-Echo using 2 echoes to ignore coatings up 1 mm (0.04 inch) thick.
Single-Echo using 1 echo
|Deep Coat||In Multiple-Echo mode, allows measurement to be made through thicker coatings of suitable materials of up to 20 mm (0.8 inch) thick|
|Accuracy||±0.1 mm or 0.1% of thickness measurement, whichever is greatest, when calibrated in accordance with Cygnus Instruments calibration procedure|
|Probe Options||Single crystal probes and Twin crystal probes|
|Probe Cables||Double outer jacket in tough PU. Coloured yellow for easy locations underwater
Coiled for ease of use. Fischer S105 series connectors
|Measurement Range in Steel||1 – 250 mm (0.039 – 10 inch) depending on selected probe and configuration, material and temperature|
|Measurement Resolution||Multiple-Echo with single crystal probes – 0.1 or 0.05 mm
Single-Echo and Echo-Echo with twin crystal probes – 0.1 or 0.01 mm
|Measurement Units||mm or inches|
|Probe Zero||Fully automatic probe zeroing for all probes types|
|V-Path Correction||Automatic V-Path correction for all twin crystal probes|
|Velocity Range||2,000 to 9,000 m/s in 1 m/s steps|
|Pulser||Twin channel 70 V spike pulser|
|Receiver / Amplifier||
10 MHz bandwidth, 120 dB range, automatic TCG
60 MHz measurement time-base
|Data Logging (Optional)||
One-handed automatic logging of stable measurements. Capacity for up to 5,000 points including 640 point A-Scan data.
|Data Output||RS-485 single pair, half duplex for surface connection|
|Standards||Designed for EN 15317|
|Compliance||CE, UKCA, RoHS|
|Warranty||3 years on gauge and 6 months on probe|
Cygnus DIVE Gauge Standard Kit with S2C 2.25MHz 13mm Standard Probe, Cygnus DIVE Gauge Standard Kit WITHOUT PROBE, Cygnus DIVE Data Logging Gauge Kit with S2C 2.25MHz 13mm Standard Probe, Cygnus DIVE Data Logging Gauge Kit WITHOUT PROBE
To compliment our ultrasonic thickness gauges we offer a range of ultrasonic probes. The performance of any ultrasonic thickness gauge relies heavily on the probe and its suitability to the material being measured. Therefore, selecting the right probe is vital. All Cygnus’ probes are made from stainless steel and have a hard wear face or a wear membrane to protect the probe.
Variety of Cygnus INOX Probes
- Stainless steel SINGLE CRYSTAL probes, used in multiple-echo mode, include replaceable membranes for long life, require no zeroing and have a high linear accuracy.
- Stainless steel TWIN CRYSTAL probes, used in echo-echo and single-echo modes, have improved measurability on extreme back wall corrosion and pitting.
Single Crystal Probes
Twin Crystal Probes