Cygnus ROV UTM
Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
Key Features of the Cygnus ROV UTM Gauge
- A-scan to assist with measurement verification visually
- Multiple-Echo and Echo-Echo modes for accurate measurements through coatings (up to 1 mm) as specified by Classification Societies
- Single-Echo mode for heavily corroded metals with no coating
- Use the Auto Single-Echo / Echo-Echo / Multiple-Echo measuring mode for best results or set manually
- Supplied with CygLink software to display and process measurements on a computer at the surface
- High-performance SD2C probe fitted with a Hard Rexolite Delay line
- Easy calibration and measurement settings via CygLink software at the surface
- P50 Probe Handler cleverly-designed to self-align with pipes from 50 mm diameters to flat surfaces
- Manual or automatic gain control.
Benefits of Multiple Echo
- Measures remaining metal thickness on corroded and coated structures
- All measurements are error checked using 3 return echoes to give repeatable, reliable results
- Accepted by all major classification societies
- Greatly reduces inspection time and costs.
Probe Handling Solutions
The ‘P50’ Probe Handler is designed to align the ultrasonic probe on to straight pipes, from 50 mm in diameter up to flat surfaces.
The spring-loaded probe and v-shaped block allow the probe to be positioned correctly on a straight pipe and move to accommodate different pipe diameters.
A gimbal allows the probe to move to align on to the straight pipe surface when used with a ROV manipulator arm.
The probe handler can be fitted with a choice of manipulator handles; T Bar or Fishtail.
Cyglink Computer Software
CygLink is a Windows® based application for topside computer use to display continuous A-Scan output and measurement data. CygLink has the facility to log both data formats into a Survey file for report presentation, which can be emailed, exported as a PDF, or printed.
|Materials||Sound velocities between 2,000 – 9,000 m/s|
|Measuring Modes||Multiple-Echo using 3 echoes to ignore coatings up to 1 mm thick|
Echo-Echo using 2 echoes to ignore coatings up to 1 mm thick
Single-Echo using 1 echo
|Accuracy||±0.1 mm or 0.1% of thickness measurement, whichever is greatest, when calibrated in accordance with Cygnus Instruments calibration procedure|
|Measurement Range in Steel||Multiple Echo: 4 – 20 mm|
Echo Echo: 4 – 30 mm
Single Echo: 4 – 50 mm
|Measurement Resolution||0.1 mm|
|Probe Zero||Automatic and manual selectable|
|Power||12 – 24 V supply input @ 60mA (average) @ 200mA (maximum)|
|Size||105 x 110 x 35 mm|
|Weight in Air||Gauge body 3.7 kg max.|
|Operating Temp.||-10°C to 50°C|
|Environmental Rating||IP68 rated to 3,000 m|
|Computer Software||CygLink allows remote data logging and viewing of A-scan graphs|
Survey and report generation to PDF file
Graphic analysis of data
Designed for Windows 10 and above
|Environmental||CE, UKCA, RoHS|
|Warranty||3 years on gauge and 6 months on probe|
The Cygnus ROV UTM gauge is supplied as a complete kit in a transportation case and includes:
- M5-ROV-ASCAN subsea instrumentation unit
- SD2C-DAW 2.25 MHz single element delay line probe with cable and connector, fitted in a P50 probe handler
- Patch cable for wiring the M5-ROV-ASCAN to the ROV, 0.6 m
- Test lead – RS-232 to USB
- Test block 15 mm thick in 1080 mild steel
- USB flash drive with CygLink software and documentation
- A calibration certificate
- Silicon grease for lubricating connectors and O-rings.
The Cygnus ROV UTM gauge uses a high-performance SD2C probe that is fitted with a Hard Rexolite Delay line.